Thursday, December 2, 2010

Promethean Board

This week has been exhausting.  Tonight I feel like someone beat me with a stick about my head and shoulders.  Besides my two grad school classes (which are almost finished for the semester), I signed up and am taking whiteboard training.  I just had a Promethean Board installed in my classroom.  Since the training is 15 hours, it's a one credit MSDE graduate credit and comes with the obligatory homework assignments.  I have to create flip charts.  Okay, so it's fun.  I don't really have the time.
That's what the thing looks like.  It's mounted in the front of my classroom, will project anything on my computer, shows movies, and is interactive.  It's pretty amazing.

In addition to this, I am creating a Wiki at pbworks.com for my spring semester British Literature classes.  It is the approved Wiki site for Baltimore County Public schools and isn't as user friendly as I would like.

Tonight I am catching up my laundry.  I wish I was going to the Story Slam at 7:30 but that's not happening.  I wish I was going to hear Sarah Jane Miller read tomorrow night, but that's not happening either.  I wish I was going to Minas on Saturday evening at 5 to hear Gerry LaFemina and Jessica Blau, but that doesn't look promising either.  I have GOT TO FINISH my hypertext story!!!

Thanks, I finished (not the story, just the rant).

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya there. Hold on, the semester is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayup. I'm going home to finish some writing for my e-pub page and revise a story and two articles. I wish you some luck, a little sleep, and a lot of alcohol. (My secret recipe for finishing the semester.)

    ReplyDelete