Friday, September 24, 2010

Just Saying

Well, I've been giving a lot of thought to the mid-term for my e-publishing class.  It has to be four pages, and it has to be a "writer's" website.  Currently, I only have one piece that has been selected for publication, so my choices for pages is rather limited.  However, since I have decided on the memoir track the writing is much easier; I have generated more material than I did when I was writing in other genres.  That being said, I decided to think about the "Me" that I wanted the public to see.  I believe my pages will be laid out like this:

Page one will have a bio that includes the facts that I am in a writing program at UB (with a hyperlink to excerpts from some of my pieces) and that I enjoy photography (with a hyperlink to a page of some of my photos).  My family will also be included in the first page bio.  I envision a picture of my girls somewhere; I'm just not sure where.  So, there are three of the four pages.  Since I am a high school English teacher by day, I will probably have the fourth page related to teaching creative writing, theatre, and English.

I really need to get into the CS5 Dreamweaver program and start messing around with layout.  That probably won't happen this weekend.  I'll just create something in Word so that I can turn in the rough draft on Monday. 

At the moment, I am sitting in my daughter's dorm room at Salisbury University.  She is a freshman and is coming home for her first weekend visit in a month.  Right now she is in English class and I'm working on her laptop,  We will be heading home in another hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment