Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn at its Finest


At the end of Hilton Road in Catonsville, adjacent to Pataspco State Park, is the All Saints Sisters of the Poor Convent.  I took this picture when we were hiking there last fall. Today is one of those days when I should be somewhere like that, taking pictures, and enjoying the weather.  Instead, I am stuck inside doing a lot of homework for my grad school classes... sigh.  The sun is shining; the leaves are in full color; there is a slight breeze; it's in the 70s.  If nothing else, I ought to be cutting my grass and doing yard work; but, I know myself well enough that if I don't get the bulk of my assignments done today, I'll have no tomorrow to enjoy.  My plan is to finish and post my six page memoir piece and write my one page final project proposal for e-publishing.  Then, it somehow seems fitting for me to crack a beer (or make a spritzer) as I finish reading The Tender Bar by J. R. Moehringer. 

The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow too - HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment