Saturday, October 23, 2010

Video Project

I have been giving this video assignment a considerable amount of thought.  I want to show some aspect of my life, but I don't want to tell the story that I am going to use for my final project.  Originally, I was going to video the high school where I work; the physical building, the people in it and their various jobs, my classes; however, I couldn't come up with an angle that would be entertaining enough for me to spend that kind of time.  I would have had to take the footage this week, and I was sick for most of it (although I did work).

As the creative writing teacher at the high school, I inherited a wonder guest poet series.  I wish I had video of all the guest writers who come into my classes.  Each semester I have people like Moira EganJames Taylor, Clarinda Harriss, Michael Fallon, Gary Blankenburg, Michael Salcman, Katelyn Cohen, and Danny DiCrispino.  That would make an amazing video.  James Taylor even lays on a bed of nails at the finale of his presentation.  Perhaps I will video my guests in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment